Cob Re: Beers cause cordwood dreams

Rog rogb at net2000.com.au
Thu Sep 17 20:41:56 CDT 1998

> Dear Rog, dear dear boy..this is called CORDWOOD construction and has
been
> done delightfully by Rob Roy, et al. for many years.

Sometimes the best way to learn is to just open one's mouth, allow
quantities of waffle to flow and then see what comes back.  It's a
boomerang thing.

However, in my defense, please remember that if, in my part of the globe, I
rang the local rural store with the intention of ordering a cubed meter of
"Cordwood", they'd probably suggest that they haven't got any dead "Cord"
trees in stock at the moment.
Perhaps if Cordwood was called "Firewood" or even "similar-length bits of
non-structural wood" I'd have caught on earlier.  :)  Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

> NOW the cob part for infill is NEW..and now being tested I hear...has
> promise..but from what i understand from the cob knowledgeable folks  you
> dont want too many braks in a cob wall..it is either MONOLITHIC or it is
> putty infill..can't be both, and serve well..

Why not?  Methinks both wood and cob are load-bearing structures, no?

> no beers here...bears sometimes..but no beers..sigh

Hmmm...  Strange priorities, you Yankees.  Ah well.

Cheers, Rog.