Cob mortar

David Paterson djpaterson at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 12 06:01:07 CDT 1998

Hi all;  I have just joined the list. I am from NewZealand, I am farming
here, mostly a traditional sheep and beef farm. We are fortunate to have
a river and a special spot next to it which many people have now said
they would like see something built there.

So the great cob building project was born.

We have a natural source of foundation stone on site sand near by and
all other needed materials seems to be coming together in a naturaly
serendipious way. I put this down to the natural harmony of the entire
cob concept and look forward to learning and contributing what I can.

Could anyone enlighten me as to what forms of straw are suitable and
where is a good source of this information.

Thanks.  David