Cob Clay, Fibers, & FC

Chuck Learned clearned at bminet.com
Wed Oct 21 08:29:49 CDT 1998

Bob,

I have been building cold frames in the backyard with different techniques
to be able to evaluate
performance and to push the envelope where possible.

One mixture I used to try to lighten up Cob was cellulose insulation. The
mixture was something like 2pt sand, 1 pt clay, 1/2 pt slaked lime, 1 pt
cellulose(dry) and straw. This held together well.
I am mostly interested in cob in non load bearing applications.

Chuck Learned