If only we could Cob.

raven talmhain pagani at juno.com
Fri Oct 23 06:46:57 CDT 1998

   To the author of this tantrum;
(1) What in blue blazes does this have to do with cob.
(2) There is a long history of european tribalism that is still being
practiced to this day.
(3) Can anyone find any constructive solution(s) to the gripes mentioned.

(4) Can't we all just get along.
(5) Yes, you are ranting. Have you considered a vacation maybe?

Nuf said!

On Fri, 23 Oct 98 06:54:14 PDT "avalonb" <avalonb at nwol.net> writes:
>;to reply to the good words, snipped, below, by john fordice -- it's
>the =
>NATURE of infants to be self-centered/self-absorbed;  sans any
>mental/neu=
>rological impairment, WITH PROPER TEACHING AND EXAMPLE, said infants
>CAN =
>mature into cooperative, civilized, courteous members of a community
>
>sadly, it is the nature of the dominant/wasichu/euro-invader culture
>to =
>perpetuate (TEACH)  the 'gimme' nature of l8 mo. olds throughout an
>entir=
>e lifetime -- not saying we native americans don't have a 'gimme' gene
>=
>-0- it's just recessive!!!
>
>if billy the dick clinton is any example,there are few mature
>individuals=
> in this country!
>
>europeans came over here with 'gimme' your land, today's t.v. screams
>'gi=
>mme' your money for STUFF all day long and the second corollary to
>that =
>'gimme' mindset is 'divide and conquor' -- one washing machine for a
>city=
> block full of people won't work -- each individual cubicle (house)
>needs=
> its own washing machineto make more money for the manufactures of
>washin=
>g machines
>
>I KNOW, I'M RANTING.  tribal societies BUILT community -- we had to,
>for =
>survival -- but it served more than physical survival -- it served our
>=
>souls and spirits, to be born into a caring, cross-generational group
>of =
>people, AND to die out of same --
>
>and in between that birth and death, we grew to know who we were and
>that=
> we BELONGED to a group -- a clan, a tribe, a people -- very few of
>the =
>members of the dominant culture whom i rub shoulders with really know
>WHO=
> THEY ARE and almost NONE of them really belong anywhere!!!  they all
>exi=
>st, some just survive,  in isolation --
>
>alcohol may be the no. l spirit killer on the rez in this century, but
>=
>consumerism (consumption -- isn't THAT a payback -- TB/consumption
>killed=
> many of my ancestors' bodies  -- today,  TV/consumption is killing
>the =
>spirits of white young people !!!  paybacks can be a bitch)
>
>white folks don't realize, their leaders have turned THEM into or onto
>=
>urban reservations -- the poverty of the spirit in large cities, the
>cult=
>ure of symphony, theatre and art galleries notwithstanding, is every
> [...]

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]