If only we could Cob.

David Paterson djpaterson at xtra.co.nz
Fri Oct 23 21:31:35 CDT 1998

Hi,

I am posting from New Zealand. Thought it was about time I posted as I
have been enjoying the benefit of all your insights for a little while
now. Thanks all.

Cob is new to me and I have just begun to plan a small cob hut/retreat
by the river on the sheep/beef farm that I am on. Sorry I can't add much
technical stuff yet but....

Cob seems to be a really exciting medium for a host of reasons
environmental, creative, aesthetic, finacial. And in reference to this
comment,
 "To the author of this tantrum;
(1) What in blue blazes does this have to do with cob."

I would like say I feel there to be a strong cultural/social issue that
does arise with cob. In some quite incidental and so funny and
delightful way it is quite subversive it undermines the industialised
consumer driven housing manufacturing ecconomy, but I guess we should
not say that too loudly.

But this means a lot of very significant social questions do come into
play and would seem to me that their disscusion is a vital aspect of cob
culture.

And with cob being such a great way to build, as we all agree, I hope
that as it eventually comes to building dominance that the transition is
a smooth and peaceful one.

David Paterson