Cob A proposal

Scholari scholari at davesworld.net
Sat Oct 24 09:16:49 CDT 1998

Hello, I do enjoy reading the progress and questions of you all, but I had a
friend mention an Idea that I thought should be brought up.

Boy scouts.

In my small experiences with the SCA, we had a good relationship with them.
In Hawaii, we used their camp areas, in return we put on events for them to
come see.

Any way, for cobbers, looking for assistance and to spread the knowledge,
and hey, maybe get it all more accepted around the nation...  As that Boy
scout, or this Eagle scout may one day be your building inspector...  A
member of the planning council, or even a neighbor.

And me being a born scrounger, maybe one will fall into a Scout who's
parents own a construction site and you can get use of heavier equipment on
off hours...

I think this would be an excellent way to begin adding community, or 'using'
the world around us.

Just some thoughts, my only research into getting Scouts to help in such a
project was asking the guy I work with if the Scouts would be into this, he
seemed positive about it.  He is on an Eagle Scout review board, and does a
lot of work with the troops here in the area.

Scholari