Cob Re: lime:clay ratio

elke elke at gateway.net
Tue Oct 27 12:09:13 CST 1998

Uwe,
Are you german?
This is definantly a german name.

Elke
-----Original Message-----
From: uwe <uweb at megalink.net.mx>
To: cob <coblist at deatech.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 1998 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: Cob Re: lime:clay ratio

Hi all,

if you are talking about the final plaster, the EARTH/lime (not clay/lime)
ratio might be 3:1; that's ok. But if you are talking about stabilizing the
earth for cob or something similar, you hardly need more than 8% (by volume)
of lime. By the way, a lime plaster sticks to the earth (in any
presentation) much better than cement.

Uwe