Cob cob oven for bread .

Mike Carter cobcrew at sprynet.com
Thu Oct 29 09:31:11 CST 1998

Kiko Denzer in Oregon has written a nice little booklet on the construction
of cob ovens.  He is an accomplished sculptor and one of the most broadly
educated people I've ever met.  Penny Livingston at PINC in California has
tested a special interior coating which prevents spalling (that nasty sand
in your food).  There are probably hundreds of these cob ovens of recent
vintage in the US thanks to Cob Cottage and friends.  Some have chimneys and
some don't.  The ones I've seen and worked on use a lot of other materials
besides pure cob in them.

Mike