Cob building code & cob..anything new out there?

Otherfish at aol.com Otherfish at aol.com
Fri Oct 30 00:28:15 CST 1998

to Ann Sterling
to change the building code to include cob - AS COB - is a big project
-it will require big funding & a major time commitment
-I have been very busy with my architectural practice & so have been unable to
devote the time needed to pursue the needed funding
-so
for the time being
the cob code project languishes
-I keep hoping that some funding guru will see the value in this &
help find the needed funding
-barring  this or the help of some other such devoted soul - the cob code will
wait till the appropriate time for me to jump into the black hole of funding
search

In the mean time - either find a code jurisdiction that is intelligent &
lenient
(this may be an oxymoron)
or go for a permit in a more normal jurisdiction on the basis of
Alternate Materials and Methods
-sort of like reinventing the wheel & then convincing the building department
that the funny round thing actually works
it can be done, but its not for the faint hearted

cob on
john fordice
TCCP
otherfish at aol.com