Cob Burlap-Cement Roofing

HandyM2 at aol.com HandyM2 at aol.com
Fri Oct 30 23:15:33 CST 1998

Hummm, Ok, Uwe, I'll chew on this a while....

<< Hi Mke,

 apparently there was a little misunderstanding. Indeed I wanted to keep the
insulation_under_ the burlap-cement roof.

Sounds like a GOOD IDEA.  <G>  Thus the rainproof material can keep the
insulation dry.

Do you think that that burlap-cement (or lime-earth) monolith could be made
waterproof, so be able to go with the fibrous cement underneath?

Completely coated Burlap-Cement is indeed as waterproof as any cement product
can be made.  Makes a great roof material.  Can even be colored to suit your
desires.  However I misunderstand your need to use Fibrous Cement as
insulation.  It is a poor insulator at best.  If I understand the others
posting they were seeking to get any level of insulation out of the poured
concrete foundations.

I'd go for Styrofoam or Blue Board Insulation under or over (as required) the
poured concrete.

 Uwe >>

Did I answer the question or create more questions, Uwe??

Michael