Cob Re: SB sauna... for bricks!

HandyM2 at aol.com HandyM2 at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 23:13:08 CST 1998

Hello Uwe, I am posting this for others to use as they see fit.

<< Anybody could perceive a construction which is glass over black sheetmetal
towards the sun, and earth-plastered SB walls for the rest of the
construction? I have the feeling that this should work. And at night we could
just pile up a few bales along the glas wall and ontop of the sauna, and cover
everything with a tarp to preserve the heat. Does that sound reasonable, or
what do you think? >>

Not hard indeed Uwe my friend.  <G>  I worked with an old hippie in AZ who did
this to speed his Adobe construction.  A few points to plan for.

Main issue is getting the soft (nondryed) bricks stacked in such a manner as
to allow air flow and to prevent them from sticking together.  A mass of dried
bricks hardened together seems to be less than useless.  <G>

Also all that humid air needs a rapid way OUT of the solar dehydrator.

Michael

BTW Wild Animals seem to ENJOY sleeping in your solar warmed Bricks.  We had a
issue with Skunks and Dogs peeing on the bricks.  :(  SMELLY....  Use fencing
to control this issue.