Cob slideshow tour report

Robert Bolman robtb at efn.org
Mon Nov 23 12:11:07 CST 1998

Dear Friends,

I just finished a five-city tour of my slideshow entitled, "Natural Building and Social Justice". In five days I shared what I have to say with people in Corvallis & Bend, Oregon, Moscow, Idaho, and Spokane & Ellensburg, Washington. As far as I was able to tell, my message of far-reaching change toward real sustainability and social equity was enthusiastically received everywhere I went. It’s conceivable that two new EcoBuilding Guild chapters will form in Bend and Ellensburg resulting from the tour. Almost 200 people saw my presentation.

When I got back, there were emails waiting for me from Vancourer, BC and Hopland, CA. I’m now emboldened to set up a more ambitious tour extending into British Colombia and California. I’m seeking contacts for environmental groups up and down western North America that would like to host me in their cities. As long as I’m going to drive those miles, I wish to have my presentation seen by as many people as possible. Ideally, I would drive no more than two hours per day – stopping at every little city along the way. Much of the fun of the last tour was all the interesting people that I met. They put me up in their homes and fed me. They’ll remain my friends. This time, in addition to being housed and fed, I would like to start to be paid a little bit of money – an amount surely affordable by any group.

Cities that I would like to present in include:

In Washington:

Olympia

Port Angeles

Seattle

Bellingham

In Oregon:

Portland

Grant’s Pass

Medford

Ashland

In California:

Mount Shasta City

Redding

Santa Rosa

San Rafael

San Francisco

Berkeley

San Jose

Salinas

San Luis Obispo

Santa Barbara

Los Angeles

--- well, you get the idea

For a bio and description of my slideshow, please check out my little web site at: www.efn.org/~robtb/

Thanks for whatever help anyone can provide,

Robert Bolman

888 Almaden At

Eugene, OR 97402

541-344-7196