Cob Re: Northeast cobbers

Stephen Baker jstephenbaker at juno.com
Wed Dec 16 10:58:49 CST 1998

[snip]

>We are in the Northeast also!  My husband and I are considering
>building a cob
>or straw bale home in RI.  Have you received much info on the subject?
>Moisture, snow loads, etc.?  I'm glad were not the only ones this side
>of the
>Rockies thinking about the subject.
[snip]

You are the first I have heard of in the Northeast. The thing that
concerns me the most is not structural integrity (snow loads, etc.), but
building codes. At least in my part of northeast PA, local politics and
general backwardness may present problems. I don't know what its like in
RI, though.

Christ's joy to you this season!
Stephen Baker