Cob verify?

HandyM2 at aol.com HandyM2 at aol.com
Sat Dec 19 11:31:09 CST 1998

Brenda, peace to you and your household.  I'd like to be removed from your
Mail Bomb of "Are you saved".

Since you brought this up on both my personal e-mail(of which I responded
privately) and the Cob-List I feel a need to reply likewise.  Sorry to those I
am wasting bytes with thsi reply.  In the future PLEASE feel free to respond
ONLY to me if you have such personal comments to make.  Or perhaps you REQUIRE
an Audience??

If the shoe fits feel insulted...otherwise ignore freely.....

<< I also live in SC & felt pretty good about building Cob (thinking of
 using some strawbale also possibly) stilll in the thought mode at this
 point.

It's good to think before you act.

 I am pretty new to this email list.  ...I am trying to decide if you are
 correct in your comments or a know it all who thinks he is right about
 his comments while taking someone else out to prove his own self worth,
 or a well meaning man w/ a bit of a negative demeanor.....

Take it for what ever it is worth.  I HAVE lived in Cob Houses in the places
mentioned.  Perhaps you should ask folks who promote this building material if
they have lived in one and in what climate.  Regional housing is just that.
Regional.

As far as negative, what you seek you shall find.

 Whatever the case your email has made me wonder if some of the positive
 things I have read about conditions in a cob home are correct.  Or is
 there just enough truth in your statements to be dangerous..... I"m
 undecided on that point, but not impressed with you lack of "tact".
 -Brenda C >>

Feel free to ignore me.  I will not be suffering from any lack of your
attention.  You however may be involved in a long drawn out battle with the
zoning board to find out later that I *May* have had some truth in my
statements AFTER you spend a few thousand hours in labor.

Again, feel free to use your delete button if you find my replys less than
Rosy and Joyfilled.  I feel the Plain Truth to be hust that, PLAIN.

Michael