Cob straw partition insulation

Otherfish at aol.com Otherfish at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 22:19:15 CST 1999

In a message dated 1/12/99 3:11:57 PM, wfirstbr at wcb.bc.ca wrote:

wfirstbr wrote
<<If I was using the straw for the interior walls I think the straw dipped in
the clay slip would be better for a fire resistance point of view and probably
better for sound attenuation. I would suspect it would also reduce the amount
of settling as well. Thus I would put the wallboard up on the one side of the
wall and partway up the other side so I could stuff the claystraw into the
wall. I would probably turn off any electrical that may be present in those
walls till the water evaporates. This would probably require a bit more taping
& drywall mud.

ok, but eleiminate the wall board
-use a slip form on your framing & leave the rammed straw/slip exposed or
finish with a lime sond or mud plaster

otherfish