Cob collaborate on article

Keith Breuker flyfisherkb at centuryinter.net
Thu Jan 21 13:35:52 CST 1999

I have been asked to write an article for a local alternative paper
called "Synapse".  The article is to be about my experiences building an
earthen plastered straw bale home in Northern Michigan.

The theme of this issue of "Synapse" will be participating in government
to foster change.  I am looking for comments and experiences of you
listers regarding dealing with local code officials in your building
projects.  Also comments regarding development of greener building
codes.  All responses used in the article will be given credit to the
responder.

Another aspect of the article will be encouraging education for home
builders regarding green and not so green options.  I remember a recent
comment about PVC linked to dioxin.  Is there a reliable source for that
information that I could use?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Keith