Cob earthen floors

Linda Osborn/Marlin Nissen brighten at mcs.net
Sun Feb 21 20:46:14 CST 1999

I would suggest getting "Earthen Floors" from the Canelo project if for no
other reasons than to support their work.  But seriously I found it a small
easy to read concise pamphlet on floors that backs up what I've seen.

By the way I've been lurking for awhile now (actually have been kind of
emailed out) and want to throw in my 2 cents for a new and challenging
corner of the building world that will soon have a new cob (or Cob as a
sign of my 'born again' experience) building and workshop.   Our project
out here called "Bringing Illinois Back to Earth" is actually centered in
Northern Illinois, not far from Wisconsin, and will have several diverse
Cob, straw bale, and permaculture projects going on.   It may not be the
easiest place to get all this started but what makes easy so much fun ???

Any and all connections with cheeseheads, lake huggers, and all such Great
Lakes Bioregional types is appreciated.

A step closer to the earth everyday - Between the big lake and the big river

Marlin Nissen
The Global Balance Institute