Cob looking for examples of long lived natural structures

crtaylor tms at northcoast.com
Thu Mar 4 16:51:32 CST 1999

>I am working on an article about natural building as it relates to
>building codes.  I would like to include some examples of long lived
>naturally constructed buildings.  Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Keith
>--

Keith if you do any research at all on this you'll find thousands of
examples especially in the Middle East, Scotland, Wales, Peru...old earthen
and monolithic adobe structures exist everywhere.  search the web, and
visit the British Archaeolgy site...lots of back issues to read over from
Roman/pre Roman excavations to iron age hill forts.

The city of Chan Chan in Peru is made of millions of sun dried bricks,
eight miles square walls still remain...full-on adobe construction

Charmaine R. Taylor
Taylor Publishing & Elk River Press
PO Box 6985 Eureka CA 95502  1-888-441-1632
More than 300 books for Building & Sustainable living
http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/