Cob Canada building inspection

Kimberllay Brooks kimi at corporate.bc.ca
Wed Mar 24 10:14:17 CST 1999

Hello Friends,

I am a new subscriber, and am in the process of planning a cob house to be
built on Bowen Island BC.  I see that a house has been approved on Mayne
Island and would like to connect with the inspectors and Patrick, to help me
through the process here.  Please contact me if you have their email
address.
Also, are their people nearby who can actually help with planning, site
analysis ect. I assume that I would hire ssomeone to do this.  I am planning
a 2-3 family complex... a central kitchen/office/play area, joined to
private cottages via breezeways.  We are only allowed one kitchen per lot
here.
Finally, any info. on have hot tubs in a cob dwelling.? I suspect the
moisture would make this impossible, so will probably stick with an outdoor
hot tub, but am curious about bathroom moissture problems generally.
Thanks for the support.  I love reading the mail.  This is an exciting
topic!

Regards,

  Kimberllay Brooks "Angel of Opportunity"
  Manager, Electronics & Software Engineering
  Corporate Recruiters Ltd.
  Suite 490-1140 West Pender St.
  Vancouver, B.C. V6E 4G1
  tel: 604-687-5993  fax: 604-687-2427