Cob RE: <Autofrwd>Re: Is synthetic stucco OK

John Cruickshank hobbithouse at compuserve.com
Tue Mar 30 07:08:28 CST 1999

EIFS is banned in NC, and the way things are going, will be disallowed in
all the cooler wet states.  It's like building a house in a plastic bag.  If
you don't have perfect air quality control inside, you are screwed in a
matter of years in those states.  EIFS systems are the next big high tech
"solution" to bite the dust big time.  Wonderful technology, I've used it to
great success, but, man o' man, you have to be big on the perm watch... or
you will be building expensive compost piles to live in.

                John Cruickshank
            Going Concerns Unlimited
         <<<Hobbit House Sunrise Ranch>>
            5569 North County Road 29
                Loveland CO 80538
                    _/V\_
                    (o~o)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   <<<Provider of the "Sunny John" solution>>>
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hobbithouse

Before you decide to use an EIFS product or consider it for your
cob-adobe-straw or e-ship home, read about some of the related issues

Project problems
http://www.wral-tv.com/features/5onyourside/1996/0429-synthetic-stucco-eif/

What you need to know about EIFS http://www.gahi.com/atlboard.htm

Disclosure to buyers http://realtor.org/stucco.htm