Cob Re: Floor Sealants

Keith Breuker flyfisherkb at centuryinter.net
Tue Apr 13 19:45:52 CDT 1999

Speireag Alden wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
>     I have sort of a general question about floor sealants, with some
> discussion to lead in.....
>
>     So here are my questions:
>
>     What should I be looking for in a surface treatment to toughen an
> earthen floor?
>
>     Does anyone have contact info for Natural Choice?  I can't find
> them on the web.

Yes here it is as I promised, though a little late:

The company name is Eco Designs, they sell Bio Shield and Natural Choice
products which are made in Germany.  Their sealer is basically linseed
oil and citrus drying agents which have a pleasent smell to most people.

I used their deep penetrating oil sealer #5 for our earthen floor.  So
far I'm happy with its performance.  Just did a test today with cork
tile which was glued with contact cement to the sealed eaarthen floor
yesterday.  The glue adhered to the floor when I pulled up the tile.  To
me this was a good sign.

Contact:

Eco Design Co.
1365 Rufina Circle
Santa Fe, NM 87505

505 438-3645

>     Does anyone have less expensive alternatives to Natural Choice
> which will do much the same job?
>
>     Just what did Rebecca and Birdwoman do with the left-over Everclear?

I too am curious about this.

--
Keith Breuker - Engineer

Straw Bale Owner/Builder