Cob Re: affordable land

Linda Lawrence lawrence at nmia.com
Sat Apr 24 11:04:39 CDT 1999

Paul,

I am very happy to read of your connections with a title company knowledgeable in
tax sale land.  We have bought many parcels and made some homesteaders very happy
with the low prices we sold them for.  The very reason we can do that is the great
deals you can get at the sales.

As you say, you must know what you are doing, and be very thorough and cautious
about your research before buying.  There isn't a lot of time, as you know, only
about 30 days from the sale notice to auction, but the prices certainly make it
worthwhile.

We have bought land at the sales as cheap as $10 for 1/2 acre (Deming), and the
first piece we sold,  1 1/4 acres just west of Albuquerque, after owning it for 11
months (1991), we multiplied our money by 12.  I don't have to tell you that we were
thrilled, and the new owners were, too, because they only paid about half of the
going price in the area.

We have always sold on quit claim deed.  That is why I am very interested in
learning more about Warren and Stewart Title's way of handling title insurance.
Thanks for your info.  I can't wait to learn more.

Linda
Laguna, NM