Cob re: More Tax Sale Goodies

SANCO Enterprises <Paul & Mary Salas> chansey at earthlink.net
Thu May 20 06:07:49 CDT 1999

#46   Unit 23   Block 028  Lot 50  $300
#70   Unit 22   Block 012  Lot 03  $75
#85   Unit 22   Block 047  Lot 18  $300
#171 Unit 22   Block 047  Lot 19  $100
#179 Unit 23   Block 028  Lot 51  $75

This week 's purchases
#123  Unit 20 Lot 6   $1600
#124  Unit 20 Lot 7   $1500
#125  Unit 20 Lot 8   $1300

> I also would like to see some photos of the area. Know where I'd find some on
> the web? Of course I have a million other questions, but I saved your previous
> posts and will follow up with whatever I can find.

See the references below

> Isn't there a sale next week in addition to those in Aug you mentioned below?

Yes, all 88 lots offered for sale are in Unit 2 which is at the extreme western
end of the city between Southern and Northern.  Sparsely populated with few
utilities available.  Most will sell for about $100 per 1/2 acre lot.

This is the view from the tax sale property purchased in Dec '98,
http://wwinvestments.com/nmranch.htm  and where I am presently setting up a
mfg'd home to work out of while I build the main house over the next few years.
The view is looking east across the Rio Grande River and the Sandia Mountains
are in the background.

At http://www.imperial-group.com/land.html, the property appears to be located
in the south western part of Rio Rancho.  Note the $16,000 price for a 1.0 acre
lot.  It will cost $10-12,000 for a well or $62, 000 to extend the water main,
$30, 000 to underground the electrical and $6,000 to run natural gas.  If the
city determines that the utilities are within a reasonable distance, you must
use them.  Of course if the city is unable to provide the "utilities", you can
use any of the alternative resources available to you.

If you want to read about why there are so many tax sale properties,
http://www.cabq.gov/aes/s2rr.html gives a very good account of the fraud and
deception that caused the situation to occur.  An economic overview is available
at http://www.nmbiz.com/cprofiles/cpro_rran2.htm .  A profile is found at
http://www.nmbiz.com/cprofiles/cpro_rran1.htm

Good prospecting to all.

Paul Salas