Cob: Your acreage

Mariah Meriam mariahm at krl.org
Mon Jun 28 16:52:36 CDT 1999

> I just bought 44 beautiful acres of woods, pasture, and tilled land from a farmer and to say the least I'm excited by the possibilities. It's located in NW Wisconsin. I've learned a great deal from and have enjoyed the photos on your websites, so I'd like to return the favor by sharing some pictures of the place with all you cobbers, strawbalers, and other interested parties. No buildings started yet, though--just the land, but that's where everyone has to start, right?

	Wow!  I'm pea green. :-)  The property looks perfectly
	BEAUTIFUL.  Would it be terribly presumptuous of me
	to ask what you paid?  (Probably.)  I just purchased
	21.5 acres in Eglon -- Puget Sound area of Washington
	state.  Asking price was $140,000 though I got
	away with $15,000 less for quick close cash. Like
	you I'm keenly interested in cob building but am
	told by county engineer just this morning that
	while alternative approaches are allowed, including
	thatched roofing, the doing would prove extremely
	expensive as EVERY step would have to be approved,
	requiring of special engineering studies.

	Am now wondering about concrete --  www.dulley.com/491.htm.

	Your cows? :-))