Cob: Re: H2O filter

R C Herman rherman at fone.net
Wed Jun 30 05:55:02 CDT 1999

I wish someone would call ME a hippie. I've been recycling gray water for
years, though I don't filter it enough to re-use as you intend to.
    But I have done some research on the matter. A great resource on this
subject is "Greywater containment, treatment and distribution systems,"
Earthship Chronicles, May '98. This is a 20-page paper describing, from soup
to nuts, an easily constructed grey water system that will do exactly what
you are talking about. Not only that, but as a priceless bonus, the system
uses plants as an inherent part of the filtration process, and will provide
you with a veritable jungle while turning your greywater into clear,
reuseable H2O...
    You can get the aforementioned material for a few bucks by contacting
www.earthship.org or earthship at earthship.org
Good luck.
Bob