Cob: urban myth

MS SHELLEY V CORBIN CMBH71C at prodigy.com
Thu Jul 1 21:06:42 CDT 1999

i have always reconnized the power of words and i have been noticing
folks replacing what used to be call tall tales or rumours as "urban
legends" whether it takes place in an urban area or not. whats up
with that? and btw,i live in the city, the inner city and i like it
well enough, its certainly not child abuse as some would suggest.

Well said, Holly!:

> Somebody trying to run Liberaro at aol.com's life wrote:
> >
> > By the way, are you aware that outdoor toliets and outhouses
> > can explode from a single match and blow up one whole block
> > in area?
>
> Oh, my god, how ignorant can you get?
>
> What, you think a properly built outhouse is the same as a methane
> digester?
>
> Where did you come up with this piece of ignorant stupidity?
>
> I have NEVER HEARD of somebody's outhouse exploding.  What is this,
an
> urban myth?

The Ultimate URBAN MYTH is that kids are better off in "the city"
with
runing water, than living in the country on forty acres with folks
that
love them enough to get them out into nature and back to the earth,
outhouse and all............Don