Cob: Re: Re: spaying lime and white cement

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Wed Jul 7 16:11:05 CDT 1999

Wayne, you are right that the gun is the type used for spraying ceiling
"popcorn" and the watery mix that was sprayed  is really just a finish
coat. In the case of the lime/clay mix it was sprayed on cob wall in a
interior area. It really just covers the cob and will help reduce the
dust from the cob wall. In the case of the white cement, it was sprayed
on a ferro-cement ceiling again just to ceil and cover the wall. Since
the wall in not smooth it made the coverage a bit easier than brushing
it on.  I must admit that there are some area that I prefer hand
plastering but it does serve as another tool my little bag of tricks.

Pat
Mauk GA
http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk