Cob: Insulation/stoves

Renewables at aol.com Renewables at aol.com
Fri Jul 9 11:54:54 CDT 1999

Charmaine,

Yes, I did.  Laura had them out on her table for all to see.  Her table was
rain proof, but Chuck's was not (Chuck was constructing a wattle and daub
display).  :-)  I don't know if there was any left or not.  After I left the
fair, I decided to get a copy from you next time I get a book from you.  I
still have one of the rocket stove kits left and thought it would be a great
boy scout project (although my supply of wood ashes now has got wet).  This,
of course, is my alternative to our cob oven which is not built yet either.
The cob oven in which we started working on at CNBW has inspired me to get in
action again.

Meeting Laura Solberg at the Earth Quarterly booth at MREF was really great.
With in five minutes we had an invitation to go down to visit them in Radium
Springs, NM.  It was also great to visit with Mike Oehler there too.  In
fact, our whole trip to Colorado was filled with meeting the folks we had
only known as electrons before.

Dave