Cob: Insulation/stoves

crtaylor tms at northcoast.com
Thu Jul 8 22:46:10 CDT 1999

>Shane,
>
>Ash is a very good insulator, but only if kept dry.  It was one of the
>ingredients we used when making a portable rocket stove.  Kind of a Y2K
>camping stove made out of a 5 gallon pail with a 3 inch metal vent pipe (w/90
>degree elbow coming out).  Fill the pail with ashes and the vent pipe with
>small sticks and you have a snappy little camp stove that gets hot very fast
>and burns a surprising long time on a little scrap fuel.

>Dave
Hi Dave..speaking of stoves... and ashes... did you see my "How to Build a
Rocket Stove" booklet at the MREA fair over at the Earth Quarterly  booth?
I can't rememebr if you sent me a message back?  thanks

Charmaine R. Taylor
Taylor Publishing & Elk River Press
PO Box 6985 Eureka CA 95502  1-888-441-1632
More than 300 books for Building & Sustainable living
http://www.northcoast.com/~tms/