Cob: On topic postings/Who's in charge here anyway? :-)

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Fri Jul 16 16:29:52 CDT 1999

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, William Lewis wrote:

> Well we have official permission to continue on-list with this thread.
> Thanks Wayne!

Actually you misunderstood his posting, he was just indicating that he
didn't have a problem with you continuing the sewage/septic/compost
discussion on the list.  Actually, I am the person to check with about how
appropriate it is to continue a particular discussion on this list.
You don't have to remember who I am or keep my email handy, the convention
for most of these lists if you have a problem or question is to send your
email to the same email address you use for the list with "owner-" placed
on the front of it.  So to talk to whoever is in charge of the coblist (in
case I delegate it to someone someday), you should send a message to
"owner-coblist at deatech.com"

While I am actually interested in this topic and the discussion that
followed, it really doesn't belong on the cob list.  Some discussion of
plumbing is appropriate such as how to route it through cob, how to build
a cob septic tank :-) or design issues involved if someone wants to try to
make a composting toilet entirely out of cob, otherwise it doesn't really
belong here.

If you want to discuss septic, composting, etc., or some other non-cob
topic, and you can't find any existing online groups targeted at that
subject, or if you do find one, but the volume is to high because of off
topic postings, I can create additional lists if there is:

    A - Enough interest (at least 10 people)
    B - Someone who is willing to be in charge of the list, keep it on
        topic, and do some simple administrative work.

Please email me privately if you wish to discuss new lists.

Anyway, let's try to keep it on topic, and the topic is COB.

Shannon C. Dealy      |                    DeaTech Research Inc.
dealy at deatech.com     |               - Custom Software Development -
                      |         Embedded Systems, Real-time, Device Drivers
Phone: (800) 467-5820 |      Networking, Scientific & Engineering Applications
   or: (541) 451-5177 |                       www.deatech.com