Cob: Insulation

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Mon Jul 19 15:36:25 CDT 1999

My dome here in Middle Georgia is the coolest spot on the property. My
dogs go there when the days get hot. The key for us is to keep direct
sun off the walls (wide overhangs). I work on a negative pasive solar
principle. The walls are about 14 inches thick, while the roof is a
fero-cement shell, with a sky light at the top. So yes, cob will work
just fine in the old south!

Pat.
http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk
Mauk, GA