Cob: Re: Adobe/Cob Machine

SANCO Enterprises <Paul & Mary Salas> chansey at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 19 09:10:47 CDT 1999

Fellow List Members,

Last week we tested our machine again.  We were very successful with
producing stucco and even 3/8" pea gravel concrete.  Our previous
success with pumping wet mud out the end of a 2" hose assures us that we
are on the right track for full scale testing.  Our next test will
involve pneumatic application of earth renders as well as guniting
stucco with the machine -- still need to fabricate the air line adapter
as well.  We will start in a few weeks.  We currently have a lot of lab
work to finish with report deadlines due as well.

On Saturday, July 17, 1999, I attended the State Police Auction at Santa
Fe New Mexico and I am now the proud owner of an  8" HSS Robbin-Meyers
progressive cavity pump together with a multitude of spare parts
including 10 gear reducers, elbows and drives.  This is the same unit as
the one I used to build my original machine only this one is larger and
the pump element is brand new and I only paid $25.00. Looks like pump #2
is going to be as economical to build as the first. I also purchased a
Chev C60 5 yd dump truck for $200--bad brakes.

If any of you are considering ever building a machine, be on the lookout
for these pumps.  Most people don't know what they are or how they
function.  If you want info, go to
http://news.wateronline.com/product-releases/19981203-5654.html

Paul Salas
SANCO Enterprises, LLC