Cob: Antique Windows for sale

Grace Benjamin grey_sea at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 23:32:48 CDT 1999

Hello everyone-

If anyone would like to buy some Victorian lead glass windows, my mother is
restoring her home, and is removing 50 really beautiful windows.  They are
original from 1910 (I know, I know, after the Victorian period, but the
house was built according to Victorian design specs, so Victorian is what
I'll call it)

These are NOT stained glass windows, but are single pane, two-over two,
clear glass, pine framed windows.  The house is of an Italianate style, and
so the windows are rather tall and narrow. (In case you're wondering, Pat,
yes it's Grace with the roof problems, which I've managed to solve thanks to
your input)  I think they would make an outstanding addition to a cob home;
it would perhaps even be fitting to have some window quilts made to
accompany them, if you're really into period decorating (and saving energy
for that matter.)  But I digress, she's looking to get $100 per window.... I
know, I know, lots of you out there can get stuff for free- well if you can
get windows for free don't buy them from me...  But if you can't and you've
priced windows you'll know this is a decent price.  If you're interested
please use my Michigan contact info below, or e-mail me privately.

Best wishes to everyone reading, and as John Fordice would say-
Cob on!
Grace

________________________
Grace Benjamin