Cob: elegant window treatment

Claude Stephens cstephens at bernheim.org
Fri Jul 30 14:03:38 CDT 1999

Hey cob-o-renos.
Just came up with an elegant window treatment I thought I'd pass on.   We
had a relatively wide arch built into the wall (maybe 3.5 ft. across by 1.5
ft. high) and a narrow arched piece of glass. (2 ft. across x1.5 ft. high).
We had planned to put in a window to fit the arch but put in the smaller
arch and cobbed to it using an old piece of soaker hose for a gasket.  With
the thick wall, cobbing into the narrow arch from the larger one created a
really pleasant grotto effect window.  It was a result of using what we had
but everyone that sees it comments on the pleasing shape.

Stay cool out there in the mud pits.
Crow