Cob: Tankless water heaters

Patrick Newberry goshawk at gnat.net
Fri Aug 6 15:58:58 CDT 1999

Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of putting together my bathroom and thought a
tankless/on demand water heater might be the way to go. Cool, I'll just
surf the net and get everything I needed to know. Well.... not quite in
fact it might have resulted in a bit of  information overload.

It seems there are a lot of options and a lots of prices. Now as most
folks I'm looking for the best option at the cheapest price. As the
African saying goes, "Experience is the best teacher", I'll ask as
anyone here used one of these babies? Any recomendations for the best
bargain?

Oh yea, one thing is that my well water can be a bit colder than tap
water from a city system. It seems that they can only heat the water up
by a certain number of degrees.

It seems the technical things to consider are what gallon rate is used
by a shower?  (we'll have a washer on the same heater but won't run
them at the same time).

Oh yea the reason I'm looking at the electric ones is because we
already have electricity and if I got a propane one then I'd have to get
a propane tank and all that and right now I'm looking at trying to get
in before winter and have a whoooooole lot left to obtain before I can
get in the house.

Pat
http://www.gnat.net/~goshawk