Cob: RE: Green house design

John Schinnerer John-Schinnerer at data-dimensions.com
Thu Aug 12 10:48:13 CDT 1999

Aloha,

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Breuker [mailto:flyfisherkb at centuryinter.net]
>Can anyone point me to some good greenhouse design information for
>northern climates?  Straw bale and earthen methods preferred.

Design-wise, a classic book is "The Solar Greenhouse Book," edited by James
C. McCullagh, Rodale Press.  (Out of print, check local used bookstores,
library, library book sales, etc.).

It doesn't deal explicitly with cob or bale greenhouse structures but
provides a wealth of basic siting and design considerations and examples
that apply regardless of building materials, and most of the examples are in
northern climates (NE and some NW of N. America).

John Schinnerer