Cob: Re: Cob machine test

SANCO Enterprises <Paul & Mary Salas> chansey at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 18:11:09 CDT 1999

List Members,

We will be conducting another test run of the infernal "cob machine" on
Friday October 1, 1999  between 11:00 am and 1:30 pm for purposes of
acquainting UNM Master's Project Committee members with its capabilities
and for video filming the machine in action in 8mm and VHS formats.  We
will also have digital still pics as well.  We have several
demonstrations planned that include the application of cob and render
application to Straw Bales.  We also want to see how high we can stack a
10 ft long wall in the time allocated.  We are optimistic that we can
get up to 4 ft. Since this is only a demo, we will start the cob on a
bed of adobe blocks.  For the demo, 3 different materials will be put
through the machine.  We will be using (1) a high clay content soil, (2)
a 5% clay content soil with 3/8 aggregate and (3) a cob mix of 25% clay
and straw.

Since we have not had a public demonstration, we are inviting those
list  who are interested to attend.  The address where the demo will
take place at  is 560 Eldridge Lane in Bernalillo, NM. (18 miles north
on Albuquerque, NM on I-25).  Basic directions, take I-25 into
Bernalillo, west on HWY 44 (toward Cuba) just past the freeway and south
on South Hill Rd. (parallel to I-25 on the west side) to Eldridge Lane
about 1/4 mile south of Hwy 44.  Follow the fence line to your left to
our mail box and when you enter the gate, make a right and you can't
miss us. Hope to meet a few of you who have written and expressed an
interest in the machine.

If anyone needs further direction, I can be contacted at 505 238-1485

We have now officially moved our office to Rio Rancho, N.M. just 5
minutes from the demo site.

Paul Salas
SANCO Enterprises, LLC
Rio Rancho, NM