Cob: RE: Asphalt shingles

Michael Saunby mike at Chook.Demon.Co.UK
Tue Nov 9 04:27:10 CST 1999

In the UK, the whole EU I guess, the approach now taken with such matters
is to get a dialogue going with the manufacturers.  It may be that they are
able to recycle, or they make other products that could be made with some
recycled material.  Long term for Europe most manufacturers are going to be
responsible for all products, craddle to grave, (cars and electronic goods
start very soon, even those made years ago) so they might as well start
thinking about it now.

BTW, how long do these things last?  I'd have thought that any roofing
material ought to last 20 years or so, even straw lasts that long! Or does
it all result from storm damage?

Michael Saunby

On 08 November 1999 17:18, Jeanne Leimkuhler
[SMTP:jleimkuh at fine.interart.com] wrote:
> Dale, couldn't the asphalt shingle be used in the construction of new
> roads? I've heard that they are even using old computer parts for this
> purpose.
>
> Jeanne

[snip]