Cob: [Fwd: Dates are changed]

Keith Breuker flyfisherkb at centuryinter.net
Mon Feb 21 14:10:47 CST 2000

Hello Listers,

Though I have been inactive on the list for a while, I have not been
idle.  During the summer of 1999 we completed our earthen plastered SB
house and I facilitated two workshops at Ndibendaagwaz an Eco-Learning
Center near Traverse City, Michigan.  Pictures of these and other
activities of 1999 are posted on the Center's web site at:
<www.www3/cybercities.com/m/mills22/frames.html> .

It seems that some servers don't access this site, mine included.
Anyway more information is available there.  Plans are to get a domain
as soon as funds allow.  I'll let you know.

The Eco-Learning Center is in the process of becoming a 501(c)3
non-profit.

The mission is to preserve a sustainable oasis as a demonstration
project and learning center for ordinary people exploring solutions to
the tasks of creating a land-based culture.

Please feel free to contact me or Jayne Walker (contact info below) with
questions or comments.

Following is a partial schedule of upcomming seminars.

> Partial Workshop Schedule
> Summer 2000
>
> Strawbale Construction: an Overview            June 9th-11th
>
> Workshop attendees will participate in several key phases of the
> building process.
> There are two projects under construction that are at different levels
> of completion, a tool shed and a greenhouse. Everyone will build with
> bales, learn to mix and apply "cob" finishes to the bale walls, and
> experiment with finishes, compare foundations, and flooring options.
> Resources provided. providing experience in foundations, finishes,
> floor, and mudding.     Keith Breuker, Strawbale
> homebuilder                     $135/person

 Building Sustainable Community                                June
23rd-25th