Cob: VIRUS ALERT

Sojourner sojournr at missouri.org
Thu May 4 11:06:58 CDT 2000

"A new virus is sweeping through the United States today, after hitting
Europe yesterday and overnight.  It contains the subject line "I Love
You." and is being referred to as The Love Bug.  It began in Asia,
hitting PR firms and investment banks before moving on to European
businesses.  It forced the shutdown of Switzerland's Federal Government
computer network and Britain's House of Commons email system.  I now
have information that it is moving through U.S. Naval computer systems.
Communications experts are amazed at the speed this virus is spreading.
Emails that contain the subject line "I Love You" should be deleted.

This is a confirmed worm virus.  If you go to WWW.VIRUSINFO.COM, you can
read about it and there is a fix for it for those who use f-secure.
Mcafee has shut down their phones temp due to traffic and I cannot get
into their web site.  This virus not only changes the registry, but is
supposed to capture passwords stored on a machine and also gets into
outlook and exchange and address books and sends out more notes that
way."