Cob: RE: the poll

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Wed May 10 06:35:25 CDT 2000

Well my house would definitely qualify under the "Organic" label.
But that sort of reminds me of when I first started this adventure some years ago.
At that time I lived in a suburban track style house near Atlanta.
I traveled out to California to Cal-Earth and when I pulled up and saw the several prototypes at
calearth, I thought that maybe I had made a mistake. It didn't jump out at me all at once.

Then after a couple of nights staying there, and having been spending that couple of days building
and plastering, I went for a walk one night. The desert nights are quite nice. I walked inside one of
the prototype domes that had a hole/ sky light at the top. There was this strange and beautiful glow
from the moon that bounced off the inside of the dome and touched something inside me. Now
after living in my house born from those proto-types and I travel to the suburbs and see all the
square houses sitting in neat little rows, I think to myself, how odd.

Pat
Gypysfarm.

> Although I'm sure one could build something as ugly as contemporary
> ego-techture or tract housing using "natural building," I can't imagine
> why anyone would want to.  And I'm willing to bet that the "ugliest"
> "natural buildings" are those designed by architects, rather than those
> lovingly crafted by owners, family and friends...?
>
> John Schinnerer

Pat Newberry
www.gnat.net/~goshawk