Cob: RE: breathing wallls.

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Thu May 18 22:37:22 CDT 2000

I have an interior shower in my superadobe/cob house.
The  shower is cement over the eathfilled bag walls but then cement only goes up about 6 feet, the
remander two feet on one side, four feet on the other just a lime plaster over the earthplaster.
One thing I did was to allow a lot of air flow thru the shower area. One wall is ferro cement  and
shaped like a triangle. I've covered the cement with white cement. So far it's been working fine
(about 4 months now).
Pat

On 16 May 00, at 11:26, Kelly, Sean wrote:

> Perhaps an interior shower would be a good idea, using thinner, curved,
> non load-bearing cob (or even framed I guess, if one were to be really
> safe...) walls that had tile on the inside so that any moisture buildup
> could go out the open side of the thinner wall?  Dang I gotta get
> building.
>
> Sean

Pat Newberry
www.gnat.net/~goshawk