Cob: cob / plaster ?

olivier Tallendier oliviertallendier at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 17 06:57:26 CDT 2000

Hi,

i am actually in India  ( himachal pradesh, dharamsala )
i'm learning mud construction in india
i will go in september in Madras and pondycheri to learn
compressed earth bricks,
i plan to go back in homecountry for jan. 2001 ( i am french)
but my plane is going delhi-london, so, i will probably visit the cob
cottage.
I am learning Cob 'cause i want to introduce the cob technics in France
but i am a bit dreaming . The french rules of constructions are weird.
( no, i am not going to follow the rules this time )

My question is :
What kind of plaster do you put on the wall ? stucco i suppose
wich products you use to make the surface harder, yo have nice finition ?

thanks

oliver