Cob: Re: sawdust/clay/lime (was: Clay & Bool walls)

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Fri Jul 28 13:00:11 CDT 2000

Hi, well I have not had them compression tested, but I do not think they are as strong as pressed adobes.  I can stand on one with my
(not unconsiderable) weight and they hold up fine. But a constant jumping or pressure will break them. the ones that cure longer are
stonger, due to the lime setting stronger I believe.

I like the material as a formworks POUR...not intending to make puny 3x8" bricks...the forms allow for a coblike monolithic strength, of
course it must be plastered to protect from driving rains.

Charmaine