Cob: basic notions

Sojourner sojournr at missouri.org
Wed Aug 2 08:47:20 CDT 2000

> Eduardo wrote:
>
> Hi, people!
> My name is Eduardo. I´m from Brazil.
> Sorry, my english is not good. I can read much better than write. But
> i will try some communication with you.

Eduardo, your written English would put most native speakers to shame.

I read Spanish much better than I speak or write it, but not as well as
you handle English.

> I would
> like to know what is exactly straw, because i looked at dictionary and
> there is no especification.

Straw is the dry stems left over from harvesting wheat, rice, barley, or
other small grains, after the grain is threshed out.  There is grass
straw also, basically dried woody grasses that were left to past
maturity (too old to make hay) and then cut and baled.

>  I would be very greatfull if someone could help me. I looked for any
> book here in Brasil but i could not find. If there is any step-by-step
> information, please send me.

Try these guys, they have some books you should be able to buy, also
lots of free info on the site.

http://www.deatech.com/cobcottage/

--
Holly ;-D
Contrary Peasant
sojournr at missouri.org

http://www.egroups.com/group/HomesteadGals
http://www.egroups.com/group/JustDucky

If you see the Bhudda by the side of the road . . .
give the poor slob a lift, his car probably broke down.

     ,----.
    ( MOO! )
     `----'

   (\-/)