Cob: Which straw?

Eduardo kaojorge at ig.com.br
Wed Aug 2 20:13:52 CDT 2000

Sojourner,
Thanks for your attention but i will disturb you or anyone else litlle more.
In my site or near it, there isn`t any straw that you especified: wheat,
rice, barley or other small grains. The site is situated in a forest area,
more exactly in a preservation area. A forest called in portuguese Mata
Atlantica. A very beautifull forest, unfortunatly in extiction. There is a
lot of big trees. So there isn`t that kind of culture. I have to think and
adapt to my conditions and resources. I really don`t want to buy in the
market, i`d like to use only internal resources. Rosemary gave me some
important information like: the straw should be strong but flexible and the
ability to withstand a certain amount of water (or it will rot). These
information could guide me looking a straw in the forest similar to those
which you mentioned. What about using leaf or other part of bamboo as straw.
I didn`t understand what do mean grass straw? I don`t know, too, what is hay
and woody grass? But my intuition says that it probably fits me!
Here in Brasil we dismiss, sending a embrace, so one embrace.