Cob: i explain about fondations.

Patricia L. MacKenzie ruanmackenzie at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:06:44 CDT 2000

I personally like your idea, and would try it myself if I could. Varying
thicknesses of foundation or flooring are supposedly the key - thicker under
the load bearing walls (outer usually) or main inner.

As far as other areas go, India has a monsoon season, if I recall correctly.
The ground does not freeze but may shift with torrential rains. Buckets
(slang) or inches of water in a short period of time tend to wash away soil,
or rock for that matter.

It does freeze in other areas of the world, where methods are developed for
various conditions.

If the ground shifts under, within the wall perimeter or nearby, the
foundation will also shift, potentially causing wall breaks, cracks or
movement of some type.

This moves building in general. If the wall is thick enough in layers, quite
possibly the layers might shift or crack singly, thus not truly affecting
the actual stability of it. No one wants a collapsed building on top of
them.