Cob: re:rope making fibers

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Sun Aug 6 22:58:05 CDT 2000

Actually, Johm Stahl in Leggett CA used chopped hemp fibers in his Agstone mix,
which has a high amount of sand, but no clay, and a lotof lime.  John builds a
soft mix, like a combo of cob and papercrete and has made  rock hard floors,
steps ( whole flights of them cut into a hillside) etc.  Hemp is quite high is
silica so it seems to bond well with the lime/sand.  you can visit his site at
http://www.tree.org  and go to Building..he makes hemp  paper professionally..

When I visited and interviewed him I was really impressed with how well the
chopped hemp ( and weeds/scrap schrubs) made into a sculptable building mix.

Charmaine  Taylor
Taylor Publishing
PO Box 6985, Eureka CA 95502
1-707-441-1632