Cob: October Portland Trip

Adam Holmes holmesiow at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:57:45 CDT 2000

Dear Cob Cottage or very nearly,

My brother and I are arriving in Portland on Oct 5th for a month to learn
timber and log scribing, also important is cob either on its own or
around/on/under green wood in a structure.
Do you know of any contacts around Portland who could permit us to
visit/work with in order to begin our learnig, we dont choose to attend
courses generally.  You will be on our route south I expect as we travel
down to the california area, we will no doubt delay our return date as 2
weeks? will be consumed camping.  Cob will be important to us so we will
work hard.
I am very thankfull to be able to view and participate on your coblist, over
the years it will teach us much.
Our framing uses curved/round wood so cob is obvious and in balance.  Are
there any people combining green frames with cob, we would like to work for
our lodging, bamboo is of interest as if weaving materials.

Hope this request is in order and there is enough info.

Thanks for any help Adam & Simon Holmes, current phone 603 269 3253,
otherwise 978 249 9633.  Email Holmesiow at hotmail.com