Cob: editor

Howard Switzer ecoarchitech at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 11 15:17:22 CDT 2000

Editor,

The front page of Wednesday's paper claims that 10-12,000 supporters of GW Bush showed up in Blountville, Tennessee to cheer their candidate on. Its news if a candidate with many millions of dollars attracts a crowd? But when a candidate with practically no money pulls crowds that big consistently across the country it's not? And they paid 10 bucks a head to hear Ralph Nader, but no, that's not news? I don't believe there are 10-12,000 people who have even heard of Blountville let alone go there to support Bush.

Perhaps after the election the Tennessean could consider hiring a journalist, although I'm sure it is now against your policy.

Howard Switzer
912 Acklen Ave.
Nashville, TN